Software Engineer – C++
Eightpoint Technologies LTD SEZC. specializes in developing, monetizing, and promoting free applications to millions of users every month through all major app platforms: mobile, tablet, social, desktop, and browser. This team is comprised of Software Engineers, Business Development Executives, Media Buyers, Partner Development Managers, and Business Intelligence Analysts. The Eightpoint team is made up of extremely enthusiastic and intelligent professionals who are passionate about the work they do and the people that they work with. Based out of George Town, Grand Cayman, the sunny days, warm weather and no dress code make for a fun-filled work environment! The fast-paced, start-up mentality has been a key contributor to our interpersonal and organizational success.
Position OverviewSeeking a proven software engineer that is ambitious, self-driven and versatile. C++ experience highly desired considering the type of project. We’re building a Chromium-based browser with an intuitive interface meant to provide an improved search experience. Goals also include improvements in the areas of privacy, ad blocking and speed. The candidate should be a pro-active developer with a passion for writing efficient code and learning new technologies and best practices. If you are a bright, motivated engineer who enjoys working on interesting and challenging problems we would love to hear from you.
Skills and attributesThe successful candidate will be a KPI focused, confident leader with at least:
- 3+ years experience in C++ application development
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and software architecture
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile, highly collaborative environment
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resources
- A calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems