It’s only the beginning for KAABOO Cayman
With the first ever KAABOO Cayman just finished this weekend, Jason Felts, chief brand and marketing officer for KAABOO said on Sunday that dates for the 2020 festival will likely be announced in the coming days – he anticipates it will be in February once more – and tickets may become available even sooner, with pass holders from this year getting first dibs. Those who attended will get an advanced opportunity and should look out for an email this week.
An early batch of “blind” tickets for general entry were offered for $150 when KAABOO Cayman was first announced last year but the acts performing were not yet known. Those passes quickly sold out. As the year progressed, prices incrementally increased. Those who bought passes on the KAABOO website in the final weeks leading up to the concert paid $333.
Felts mentioned that the artist lineup for the festival will not come until later in the year. The organizers initially committed to mounting the festival for three years. With the success of the inaugural event, many are anticipating it may extend beyond that.
During Duran Duran’s performance, which capped the second day of the two-day festival, lead singer Simon Le Bon – who was later seen in photos enjoying Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach – tapped into that sentiment early in the set. “First year?” he said. “I hope it goes forever and ever and ever.”
It seems this is only the beginning for KAABOO Cayman!
Keep up with our daily Eightpoint Technologies blog so you don’t miss out on everything going on! Make sure to check us out and follow us on LinkedIn,Twitter & Instagram...and like us on Facebook and keep up with the Eightpoint way!