Good NEWS! Eightpoint Technologies is STILL Hiring! We need 2 Software Engineers in our sunny Cayman Island Location!
Unfortunately due to the current situation, a large number of companies have put a freeze on hiring – but not Eightpoint! We are still running full-force and need additional employees to continue to grow our products! Eightpoint has two Software Engineer Positions available for hire immediately! Currently, Eightpoint is providing all the supplies necessary to work from home – so get out of that rut and isolate in a beautiful climate by the pool, beach or on your back patio! Check out our job descriptions for our C++ Developer & Software Engineer below and apply on our website or via LinkedIn! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Seeking a proven software engineer that is ambitious, self-driven and versatile. C++ experience highly desired considering the type of project. We’re building a Chromium-based browser with an intuitive interface meant to provide an improved search experience. Goals also include improvements in the areas of privacy, ad blocking and speed. The candidate should be a pro-active developer with a passion for writing efficient code and learning new technologies and best practices. If you are a bright, motivated engineer who enjoys working on interesting and challenging problems we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be a KPI focused, confident leader with at least:
- 3+ years experience in C++ application development
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and software architecture
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile, highly collaborative environment
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resources
- A calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems
The person is an experienced Software Engineer that will create, maintain and scale-out both new and existing high-volume web applications. Specific duties include:
- Developing, analyzing, troubleshooting high volume web systems with backend SQL Server, Linux and Windows database administration
- Building, maintaining and optimizing the back-end platforms for high volume web systems
- Architect and develop new products and enhance current product features based on market changes and opportunities
- Refactor, update, and revitalize codebases as advances in technology allow for more capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix system failures and system performance, especially as systems scale
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of .NET, MYSQL, & C#
- Experience developing high volume web systems with backend SQL Server databases
- An eye for usability
- Proficiency in unit testing is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel is preferred.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and high attention to detail and quality. Uses analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions. Anticipates consequences of judgments.
- Adaptable: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid fast-changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture. Willing and able to learn multiple, diverse technologies rather than leaning on a single ‘favourite’.
- Results-Oriented: Motivated and able to juggle the duelling needs of a ‘best’ and ‘fastest’ solution. Not interested in the academic process of coding so much as the bottom-line impact.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Eightpoint has an amazing culture with a really laid-back fun work environment. We offer amazing benefits (100$ Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance paid, Pension plans, Unlimited Vacation Days & FREE LUNCH & Snacks). If you want to work for a company where the employees are happy and value their employees’ health/well-being you’ve come to the right place! Well, we’d love to speak with you! Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for our review! Check out all our adventures on the EightPoint blog. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram … like us on Facebook and never miss out on the Eightpoint fun!