Are you a Software Engineer? Check our Blog, Eightpoint Tech Needs You!
Eightpoint Technologies LTD SEZC. specializes in developing, monetizing, and promoting free applications to millions of users every month through all major app platforms: mobile, tablet, social, desktop, and browser. This team is comprised of Software Engineers, Business Development Executives, Media Buyers, Partner Development Managers, and Business Intelligence Analysts. The Eightpoint team is made up of extremely enthusiastic and intelligent professionals who are passionate about the work they do and the people that they work with. Based out of George Town, Grand Cayman, the sunny days, warm weather and no dress code make for a fun-filled work environment! The fast-paced, start-up mentality has been a key contributor to our interpersonal and organizational success.
The person is an experienced Software Engineer that will create, maintain and scale-out both new and existing high-volume web applications. Specific duties include:
- Developing, analyzing, troubleshooting high volume web systems with backend SQL Server, Linux and Windows database administration
- Building, maintaining and optimizing the back-end platforms for high volume web systems
- Architect and develop new products and enhance current product features based on market changes and opportunities
- Refactor, update, and revitalize codebases as advances in technology allow for more capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix system failures and system performance, especially as systems scale
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of .NET, MYSQL, & C#
- Experience developing high volume web systems with backend SQL Server databases
- An eye for usability
- Proficiency in unit testing is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel is preferred.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and high attention to detail and quality. Uses analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions. Anticipates consequences of judgments.
- Adaptable: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid fast-changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture. Willing and able to learn multiple, diverse technologies rather than leaning on a single ‘favourite’.
- Results-Oriented: Motivated and able to juggle the duelling needs of a ‘best’ and ‘fastest’ solution. Not interested in the academic process of coding so much as the bottom-line impact.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Eightpoint has an amazing culture with a really laid-back fun work environment. We offer amazing benefits (100$ Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance paid, Pension plans, Unlimited Vacation Days & FREE LUNCH & Snacks). If you want to work for a company where the employees are happy and value their employees’ health/well-being you’ve come to the right place! Well, we’d love to speak with you! Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for our review! Check out all our adventures on the EightPoint blog. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram … like us on Facebook and never miss out on the Eightpoint fun!